For warehouse and distribution center managers, end-of-year cleanout practices can be daunting, and many choose to send their waste or obsolete inventory to the landfill at HIGH COSTS. That said, there are many reasons to recycle that obsolete inventory instead.
1. Start with Inventory Control
Inventory control is crucial to maintaining an organized and efficient warehouse. When managers routinely process their inventory, they’re optimizing warehouse storage, managing loss, and product turnover. Very often warehouses and distribution centers remove excess inventory, expired raw materials, and excess/expired packaging at the end of the year. iSustain can help you convert unwanted inventory from a disposal cost to a recycling revenue with our innovative recycling solution
2. Organize NonViable Inventory
Not all inventory is recyclable; however, managers may be surprised to find that there are many waste products and obsolete inventory that can be recycled. Most inventory, whether aged, obsolete, or damaged in transit, can be utilized in some capacity. Here is a list of some of the items iSustain can help your warehouse or distribution center recycle.
- Packaging supplies including but not limited to shrink wrap, supersaks, paper rolls, cardboard boxes/slip sheets, and pallets
- Cardboard, paper marketing materials, expired carrier board packaging
- Plastics– films, excess resins, regrinds
- Paper, Fabric, and Plastic Film Roll stock– printed, unprinted, laminated, metallized, poly coated, scrap foil, fabric, etc.
- Ferrous and nonferrous metals
- Food – Industrial food waste and food ingredients
3. Certified Product Disposal
For some companies, assisted waste disposal isn’t a matter of convenience or sustainability but a liability risk. If your company has products that fall under the need for Certified Destruction, iSustain can help. We offer guaranteed destruction services that meet legal, regulatory, or brand protection needs.. iSustain offers secure and efficient product destruction services and can provide verification to authorities that all products are adequately destroyed. We can meet your compliances and brand protection directives with nationwide product destruction also available for the food and beverage industry.
4. The Benefits of Recycling Your Warehouse Waste
There are numerous benefits to working with iSustain to recycle unwanted inventory
- Cost savings – materials may have recyclable value and avoid disposal costs
- Landfill Diversion – helping you to achieve end of the year corporate sustainability goals.
- Legal liability and brand protection – ensuring your products are permanently removed from the marketplace.
- Recover valuable warehouse space
- Save time – ship in full tractor loads, vs cumbersome waste hauler open tops.
Not only is it a smart move economically, but also it’s the right thing to do for the environment. Our purpose at iSustain is to implement custom recycling solutions that redirect raw materials and products from our community landfills.